A whale and a crow walk into a bar, the barman says 'hey, get out I need a whale in here like I need a hole in the head'. The whale says 'alright I'm gonna kill this guy' and the crow says 'please don't start anything I've got a murder to get home too' - ZING!
The above joke, apart from being witty, smart and down right brilliantly crafted, says a lot of things to me:
- There is still far too much violence in bars. That's sad.
- I mean anyone should be welcome anywhere, not being allowed places is sad.
- Yeah, no that’s fair. There is no reason a bar should have to keep seed or worms for a crow to eat, nor should they have to keep wet sponges around for a whale to keep itself moist. But still, let them come in for a minute. If they don’t like what you have to sell that’s their problem.
- Why shouldn’t they want to buy what you have to sell? They might like beer if they try it. Buffalo Wings too. This is a modern world, and animals, like humans, are diversifying their culinary needs and desires.
- Today was the best day of my life.
- Hey this is a talking whale and crow, so yeah, I think we can be pretty confident they know what the word ‘culinary’ means.
- Of course they could be friends. What are you some sort of speciestist?
- Who am I arguing with anyway?
- I wonder I’m being affected in any negative ways by this weird hole I have in my head?
- Violence is sad. They shouldn’t have it in bars.
So yeah, freaking kick ass joke that. I give it three gold stars, that's like more stars than anyone has gotten ever. Even more gold stars than even Steven Hawking’s ever been given, and he invented stars! ZING!
Post a Comment